Monday, August 31, 2009

4th of July

The kids and I had a great 4th of July weekend at the cabin with most of the Abel clan. We barbequed, made puzzles, drank slush and roasted some peeps (we ran out of marshmallows... don't ask).
Mary and cousin Lucy had a chance to get to know each other. One of Lucy's favorite things was to drag Mary around by her pacifier clip. And Mary's favorite thing was to pull Lucy's hair and poke her in the eye when she got too close - I'm sure they will be best friends when the get older.








George, Nina and cousin Clare had a great time swimming in both a wading pool and an old tub we found in the barn - doesn't get much more red-neck than that!










And finally - I got the opportunity to introduce most of the family to grilling ribs! I couldn't believe I was the only person there who had ever cooked them this way... If I do say so myself - they were great, and worth the wait ;) Because, of course, they took almost 90 minutes longer to cook than I thought they would. (And no - my hair isn't that red anymore.)





No comments: