Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Day in the Nest - September 2011

So, what have the Robinson's been up to these many, many months?

Well, I won't bore you with the back to school, the summer vacation trip and the birthdays in this post. For those you can read the following posts, and I hope you do! :)
I know this is still going to be long;there is a lot to cover! So, go to the bathroom, get a drink and settle down for a good read...

We are still living in our house in San Tan Valley (just east of Queen Creek or right on the corner of Maricopa/Pinal county south of Apache Junction if you are looking at Phoenix area weather map) We seem to like living out here a little more all the time. Strange, I know - there is hardly anything out here and we have to drive almost 20 minutes just to get to everyone else's starting point! But, we have worked very hard at meeting friends out here and feel that we have built a community of friends that would be terribly difficult to give up. How have we done this? Well, the best answer would be that God led us to a church we never thought we'd end up at: Rock Point. In all sincerity in the 18 months since we started attending we have been blessed 10 fold. We went from having hardly any friends to finding some of the best friends I think I could need. We have an incredible support network and I know that any one of them would drop everything if I needed them to. Andy and I even find ourselves as the small group leaders for a home group that meets near our home. 10 years ago I would never have imagined that! Now I am volunteering to help with the child check in for the Sunday school program and Andy is one of a handful of members on a newly forming medical team there as well. The kids love it and are really upset when we miss a Sunday. So blessed we ended up there!

George: he is going through a bit of a transition at the moment. With heavy hearts and a lot of crying (by me) Andy and I came to the difficult decision to transfer him to a local charter school. His class at the beginning of the year had 34 students in it. We loved his teacher and were incredibly sad to have to leave her, but he was having a terrible time concentrating and the opportunity to move was basically forced upon us. The new school has a phenomenal reputation and his new class will have 15 students in it, so we are sure he will do well. He starts on Tuesday and we are praying for a smooth transition. He has also started Cub Scouts. I think I am more excited than Andy, but George loves it!

Nina: Loves going to school. She is fairly irritated that she isn't in kindergarten this year and at the beginning of every week always asks if she gets to go to kinder this week? One great thing about the charter is that she will get all day kinder and they really push and place kids to their ability, she will be fine and a little more mature this way.

Mary: still at home. So far this year we have enjoyed our "alone" time while the other two are at school With the new schedule, however, one or the other will always be home with her. She loves to boss them around though, so I'm sure she won't mind. Most of the time you will find her dressed as a princess doing "royal" things.

Andy: Is working as a captain/paramedic with the Rural/Metro Fire Dept. For the most part he loves being a captain. We have been very fortunate that for almost the last year he has been temporarily placed at the station closest to our house. We don't expect that to last, but are enjoying it while it does! He has also been teaching CPR classes and will start helping out a group called Hometown Heroes - which is a group of volunteers who go into schools and teach fire safety.

Jessica: Well, for the first time in more than 7 years I can add to the "still happy spending time at home with the kids." I have not gone and gotten a paying job. No, instead I went and got myself a part-time volunteer job. Over the summer a group of wives of firefighters got together and had an inaugural meeting of the Maricopa/Pinal Fire Auxiliary. At the time we really had no idea what we were going to do with it, what we would call ourselves or how much work would be required. We just knew that we wanted a support group for other fire-families. So, naturally, I ran for president. Yes, I am crazy and there is something wrong with me, ha! Honestly, this group has also been a blessing. I have met even more people in my neck of the woods who understand where I am coming from and would also drop everything to help me if I needed it. We're just getting the group off the ground and have a LONG way to go. But, we've made a TON of progress over the last few months. I have even designed my first website! So exciting and I'm very proud of it - if you would like to look at it or would like to know more about the MPFA and what I'm up to the link is in the left hand corner of this page.

Hoping and praying that we will continue to be blessed!
Until next time... hopefully sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Chef Amber said...

This is wonderful to see all that is happening! Hope this school year is a good one.
Amber