Sunday, September 4, 2011

Skool Daze

Ok - I know that this is not the most flattering picture of my normally beautiful children but I can't help myself. I love this picture! Doesn't it just scream "first day of school, do we have to?!?"
George and Nina were actually very happy to be starting school again. I just happened to catch them all at a bad moment.
So, this year George is in the second grade. That's right SECOND GRADE! Where has the time gone? He started out the year with a fabulous teacher, who also happens to have been his 1st grade teacher and a very good friend of mine. We have been blessed by that this year. He loves to go to school and says his favorite subject is science, except sometimes its English and at others its math. He has also earned the responsibility of riding his bike to school all by himself. He is so proud of himself!

Nina is enrolled in a kinder-preparatory preschool class this year. She goes 4 days a week, 3 hours per day. We really struggled with what to do with her this year. She misses the "cut-off" for kindergarten by less than 2 weeks, so we had the choice to send her this year or next. Ultimately we decided that our sweet Nina really needed another year to come out of her shell. She can be painfully shy and there was absolutely no reason to push it with her. Next year she will be enrolled in all-day kindergarten at a school that places students in classes according to their capability, rather than just their age. And now she'll be the first, rather than the last, of her class to both drive and date. :)

Now I just have to get rid of Mary for a few hours a day...

No comments: