Monday, January 4, 2010

The tree


Once again this year we trekked up north to cut our Christmas tree!
This year with a small, destructive, curious and unstoppable 1 year old we decided to wait until the week before Christmas to get it...
Then we actually looked at the calendar and the only day available to go was the 22nd. I don't think we've ever waited so long!
And, of course, there was a winter storm that day and no way to postpone the trip any longer.
The drive up was perfect. In fact while we walked around searching for the perfect pinon pine it even started to gently snow - perfect. There was no mud, no sleet, no blizzard. We found a great tree (Although it was bending so far over you had to lean to the side to imagine it upright.) So, we cut our perfect tree and started on our way home... This is also the cleanest tree we ever had because as soon as we got on the highway it started to sleet, then it started to rain and then it REALLY started to rain. I've never seen so much rain! But we finally made it home and it is one of the best trees we've ever had - and I mean it this year, I'm not just trying to make myself feel better.

PS: My sister hadn't been to cut a tree since she was about 8 so we had her join us this year - she also cut down a small twig, I mean tree! She decorated it and put it in her room. Next year she gets a real tree!!!

No comments: